HMW RNA markers

Gys de Jongh GysdeJongh at planet.nl
Tue Apr 10 15:29:52 EST 2001

"Alberto Chinali" <albiston at freenet.de> wrote in message
news:clbna9.ti.ln at localhost...
> Does anyone know if RNA markers longer than 10kb are commercialy available?
> I'm getting a specific signal for a long (possibly between 10 and 15 kb)
> mRNA in my Northerns but I have been unable to find any markers with
> fragments exceeding 10kb.

Hi,
there is a relative simple technique to convert your favourite dsDNA marker to a
single strand marker which will then migrate exacly as RNA in both agarose and
acryl amide.

Analysis of single- and double-stranded nucleic acids on polyacrylamide and
agarose gels by using glyoxal and acridine orange.
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 1977 Nov;74(11):4835-8
McMaster GK, Carmichael GG

See pubmed :
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=PubMed&list_uids=7
3185&dopt=Abstract