Sv: Real-time from Corbett-Research

Y.F.LEUNG yfleung at
Wed Apr 11 02:29:38 EST 2001

Hi Dr. Clark,

Do you mean that the smartcycler is not very suitable for higher throughput?
Is there any advantage over our similar product? I read from smartcycler
homepage that "Purchase of this instrument does not convey any right to
practice the 5´ nuclease assay or any of the other real-time methods covered
by patents owned by Roche or PE." How does this limitation affect the

"Dr. Duncan Clark" wrote:

> In article <9aseji$1rse$1 at>, the eminent salanti at
> UNI-C wrote
> >So my questions have been answered!
> What I would also add, if I haven't already, is that if you are trying
> to totally optimise assays then the SmartCycler is very very useful as
> you can run up to 16 different cycling conditions all at once. For
> higher throughput I would use the RotorGene.
> Duncan
> --
> Homogeneous Fluorescent Reporting Systems for Real-Time Quantitative PCR:
> Optimisation, Probe Technology & Future Systems
> 4-5 September 2001
> King Alfred's College, Winchester, UK

Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Chinese University of Hong Kong
3/F Hong Kong Eye Hospital
147K Argyle Street, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 27623152 Fax: (852) 27159490