Trivial gcg question

Karthik Aghoram kaghoram at unity.ncsu.edu
Wed Apr 11 13:45:46 EST 2001

First, I feel stoooopid.  Now that that's off my chest, let me ask the
question:

Am trying to pileup some sequences on UNIX-based gcg (no web interface).

Here's how it goes.

% piluep

Gcg asks:  PileUp what sequences?

I enter:   XYZ.dat ABC.dat GHI.dat MNO.dat

Gcg says:  ERROR!  You need to enter at least 2 sequences for Pileup.

I scream:  I just *did*, darnit!!

What am I doing wrong?

My sequence files are OK (gap will work on them).
I tried entering the string of sequences with commas separating them, and
then with a comma and a space, and then changed the extension to .seq and
tried them all ..... but it spits out the same ERROR.  HELP!!

And my version of gcg has no manual entry for any commands either.  So I
can't check the syntax. @$!#%@#$$@%#!@#$!!

Thank you all for putting up with my ranting!

Cheers