Methods to transfer a plasmid into Pisolithus tinctorius wanted!

Ma Shisong xiaomar at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 19 12:41:52 EST 2001

I am a student working on my undergraduate thesis now. My project is to
transfer a plasmid( about 11Kb) into the fungi Pisolithus tinctorius. The
method I use now is to acquire the protoplast from the mycelium, incubate
the protoplast with the plastmid, and then transfer the plasmid into
protoplast by electroporation.

But I have some difficulties in getting the protoplast of Piolithus
tinctorius. Could you tell me the methods?

Or, do you have any other methods to transfer a plasmid into Piolithus
tinctorius?

Thank you very much!

Sincerely yours,
Shisong Ma