Strange problem with agarose gel electrophoresis

clarosa clarosa at biocomp.unl.edu
Fri Apr 20 11:22:13 EST 2001

Black = cathode    red = anode             cations attracted to
cathode,,,,,,,,,anions to anode.... Dna there fore in the buffer must be
anionic  negatively charged   ....( keeping in mind that SDS puts negative
charge on proteins this also seems consistant.) .  I suppose since the
electrons( negative charge ) come from the top (cathode)  this makes sense...
This is a all elementary physics which we tend to forget after 30 years.....