Please suggest the software for DNA sequence management

Ronald Chung rchung at nospam.com
Sat Apr 21 00:26:17 EST 2001

I also used DNAStar for a while and it was terrible!! It did give the
impression that not too much thought was put into its design. I recently
switched to Redasoft Visual Cloning 2000 and it has been fantastic! The
graphics and interface are wonderful and it's very easy to use and stable!
:) Doesn't yet have every feature I'd like but what's there is better than
anything else I've seen. It's also very reasonably priced.

R Chung

"Dima Klenchin" <klenchin at REMOVE_TO_REPLY.facstaff.wisc.edu> wrote in
message news:9bhnob$1c0_002 at doit.wisc.edu...
> Sergio <sergioal at bbm1.ucm.es> wrote:
> :Well, i cannot suggest the program to use, but i suggest NOT to use
DNAstar
> : from
> :lasergene (just in case someone else suggests it). I'm sorry to say this,
but
> :after buying this "not really cheaper" program package for PC (running
under
> :windows 9x), we haven't got good experiences. Strange fatal errors,
complicated
> :functions, poor compatibility with the rest of the windows programs and
even
> :among the package programs (i.e. you cannot open a sequence in the
Sequence