medium scale production of mammalian proteins

Morten Lindow lindow at molpharm.dk
Mon Apr 23 19:39:05 EST 2001

Hi group,

I need 50-100 mg of a protein we have designed. A fusion between a 70
residue protein and the Fc-part of IgG1.  We have succesfully expressed
small amounts in cos7-cells and purified on Protein A. It is glycosylated on
the antibody part.

Does anyone have suggestions to a cheap and quick way to make a LOT of it?

We also have a stable HEK293 cell line producing it. Is there any way to
grow such cells at a very density without having to invest in expensive
equipment?

Alternatively: Is there any commercial custom protein production companies?

All input is welcome.

cheers,

Morten
Copenhagen, Denmark