Inactivation of DNase I

Stefi~ xxxgifalone at tin.it
Mon Apr 23 13:17:16 EST 2001

Hi everyone. I have a little problem in inactivating my DNase I. I use heat
method (75°C for 5 minutes) but I report some degradation of my RNA (RT-PCR
still works but in electrophoresis I see some degradation). Well, I think
this happens because I keep my RNA in water-bath during increasing of
temperature so RNA remains at 75°C for 5 minutes but at a T>50°C for more
than 10 minutes. Do u think I'd solve this problem if I kept RNA in ice
during T increasing and then putting RNA at 75°C for 5 minutes when bath
reaches 75°C? Thx a lot to everyone.
Stefano
gifalone at tin.it

http://web.tiscalinet.it/gifalone