Fungal contamination of Southern bot

utsuxs at hotmail.com utsuxs at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 25 19:41:52 EST 2001

I was shown an autoradiograph of a southern blot with a strange result.  There
were a few  dark blobs on the film. These blobs looked like ungly snow flakes.
There was a central dark image on the film with radiating tentacles.  These
tentacles had tentacles of their own.  I was told this was fungal contamination.

I have never seen this before.  Is what I described consistant with fungal
contamination?  How does one fix or prevent this from occuring again?
Thank you.