software to link sequencing fragments

Bruno Cenni bruno.removethis.cenni at removethis.insel.ch
Fri Aug 3 01:17:00 EST 2001

What you need will also depend on throughput, ie. are you doing comparative
sequencing (few fragments and need to find mutations) or large sequencing
projects (contig assembly). For the latter, the Staden package is the best
option (and it's free for academy, but it's not really so easy to use), for
both purposes Sequencher (www.genecodes.com) is excellent. For comparative
sequencing SeqScape from Applied Biosystems is also not too bad. I can't
remember if BioEdit did assemblies.

Bruno

Disclaimer (is this really necessary and who coulk care anyhow...): they
don't pay my lunch...