help : 3D picture of DNA helix, but with letters

Sergio sergioal at
Fri Aug 3 10:36:24 EST 2001

What about the phosphate-ribose strand? Just a ribbon?
A good pdb viewer (i use weblab viewerpro) allows you to modify the way of
viewing the molecule (from a .pdb file), so you can display the strands as
ribbons and the bases as a ladder. I don't know if you can display them as
If you want to redraw the DNA molecule (and you don't care about the scale,
angles, etc.) you coul use a general purpose 3D drawing program.
I think corel have a module to draw in 3D... i don't remember the name since i
didn't install this part o fthe package.