how-to-count-cells

WSchick at aol.com WSchick at aol.com
Tue Aug 7 16:17:03 EST 2001

There is a new cell counter, using inexpensive flow cytometry to measure and
count viable and non-viable cells.   It is more expensive than a microscope,
but far less than an automated cell counter.  They have kits for cell
counting, for protein expression say from monoclonal or insect cells, and for
cell aptosis.

Check out www.guavatechnologies.com

I haven't used it personally, but I have seen it demoed twice in laboratories
and the users say it is easy to run with minimal maintenance.  Only a few
microliters of sample are needed, so it should be ideal for microplates.
Guava is developing a microplate sampler accessory, so you could talk to them
about your needs.

Walt Schick
BioSepCo