wood extraction of DNA

dbell dbell at qnis.net
Wed Aug 8 11:45:31 EST 2001

I am not quite sure what you are looking for but I hope this may help:
When I was having problems with interfering substances from leaf extracts,
I tried doing a basic STAB extraction on cambial tissue.  I would take a
cutting, then peel back the bark layers, then scrape out the green cambial
tissue with a scalpel or even a sharp potato peeler and use this to extract
DNA from.  worked great, but it was time consuming.

Good luck

Deanne Bell
USDA Agricultural Research Service
2021 South Peach Avenue
Fresno, CA 93727
(559) 453-3170
(559) 453-3088 fax

On Wednesday, August 08, 2001 2:02 AM, Francesca De Amicis