Kolony-PCR

serotonin1 please_post_replies at newsgroup.com
Wed Aug 15 00:19:59 EST 2001

There's a good protocol in Biotechniques, but that's about all I can
remember of the citation.
searching "Biotechniques [TA] colony pcr saccharomyces" at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?CMD=search&DB=PubMed
gives
1:  Akada R, Murakane T, Nishizawa Y. Related Articles

DNA extraction method for screening yeast clones by PCR.
Biotechniques. 2000 Apr;28(4):668-70, 672, 674.
PMID: 10769744 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

2:  Liang Q, Richardson T. Related Articles

A simple and rapid method for screening transformant yeast colonies using
PCR.
Biotechniques. 1992 Nov;13(5):730-2, 735.
PMID: 1418974 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

3:  Ward AC. Related Articles

Rapid analysis of yeast transformants using colony-PCR.
Biotechniques. 1992 Sep;13(3):350. No abstract available.
PMID: 1389166 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

We've used the Akada, et. al. method, slightly modified, with good results.
You really have to count cells a couple times to be able to reliably get
within the cells/ml range, because it's pretty narrow if you want good,
reproducible results.

Grady

news:3B72AD92.A09B4CFF at chemie.fu-berlin.de...