P1 lysogeny: detection and curing

Dr. Duncan Clark news at hgmp.mrc.ac.uk
Thu Aug 16 03:24:41 EST 2001

In article <F41bZhcoT5psudxkzad0000ce30 at hotmail.com>, the eminent Robert
Whittier at BIOSCI/MRC Human Genome Mapping Project Resource Centre
>Tip of the hat and thank-you to Dr. Duncan Clark for his apparently
>correct diagnosis and helpful suggestion.

Nice to know the old grey matter still works on occasions.

I have to admit I was slightly cheating due to knowing someone who once
had a post-doc project cloning 'unclonable' DNA i.e. repeats and the
only answer then was lower copy no., anything but a pBR derived plasmid
(she swears there is some sequence on those and it really plays havoc
with stabilising repeats) and an appropriate E.coli host found by trial
and error.

Homogeneous Fluorescent Reporting Systems for Real-Time Quantitative PCR:

Optimisation, Probe Technology & Future Systems

4-5 September 2001
King Alfred's College, Winchester, UK