humanizing a gene

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Thu Aug 16 07:36:09 EST 2001

Mike,

We call it performing a Genetic Gong Fu. More seriously I'd
suggest "bacterizing"...

Wo

> Dear All,
>         if I was taking a heterologous coding sequence and making
>         all the
> rare codons into human preferred codons I would be humanizing the
> coding sequence.  BUT I am taking a Pseudomonas coding sequence
> and making all the rare codons into E. coli preferred codons.
> What should I call this?
>
> Escherichizing?  Colizing?  Colonizing?  Please help with my
> genetic grammar.  Mike.

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---