humanizing a gene

Dr. Duncan Clark news at
Thu Aug 16 07:54:07 EST 2001

In article <Pine.SGI.4.33.0108161318470.4915564-100000 at
k>, the eminent Michael Witty at University of Cambridge, England wrote
>BUT I am taking a Pseudomonas coding sequence and making all
>the rare codons into E. coli preferred codons.  What should I call this?

Not sure but beware of introducing secondary structure in the start
amino acids thereby making the sequence behave like a transcription

Homogeneous Fluorescent Reporting Systems for Real-Time Quantitative PCR:

Optimisation, Probe Technology & Future Systems

4-5 September 2001
King Alfred's College, Winchester, UK