antigen retrieval with GMA

Christian Palma ccpalma at
Thu Aug 16 11:48:44 EST 2001

I am trying to perform antigen retrieval on mouse nose tissue on GMA. However, it is unclear on exactly how to proceed
with the microwave step. Previous attempts have resulted in tissue being lost from the slide. So far I have tried 5 min in citrate buffer at 70% power. Those tissues that do remain produce good results when the IHC is completed, however I need a reproducible protocol that doesn't result in lost tissue. Can anyone provide some suggestions for improving on this?

Chris Palma
ccpalma at
University of CA, Davis