fluorescence question

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Fri Aug 17 04:00:16 EST 2001

Dear Balaji, did you measure at right pH?
If you should need a spectrum, you might find it a
http://www.probes.com

Wo

> hi all
>     i was using a cyanin dye called 5' Cy3 that is supposed to
>     emit max at
> 570 nm.. when i analysed my sample to check if it contained the
> cyanin dye, i got a big emission peak at 535 nm and a much
> smaller one at 554 nm. the whole emission spectrum from this
> point onwards is flat. i am very sure that there is no other
> fluorescent material in my sample. my question now is- are these
> peaks convincing evidence that my sample has the cyanin dye? i
> mean, is it okay for a dye that emits max at 570 to give some
> peak at 535/555 nm?
>
>     thanks
>     balajik

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---