array for dna-protein interaction

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Fri Aug 17 05:50:45 EST 2001

Jason Kennedy wrote:

> > ResGen, a part of Invitrogen Corporation sells a set of primers for
> > amplifying the intergenic regions of yeast.  The PCR product
> <snip>
>
> I don't this forum is appropriate for commercial advertisements ...
> does anyone else?
>
> ... maybe this address could go in the killfile?

A bit harsh maybe?  I (personally) don't object to commercial answers to
specifically asked questions (which this was - sort of).  What I do
object to is the response not stating clearly that it was coming from
someone with an affiliation to that company.

Unsolicited advertisements are of course to be frowned upon.

Simon. (who doesn't work for a commercial organisation :-)