Stable Tandem Repeats?

Scott scj-13 at home.com
Mon Aug 20 11:26:56 EST 2001

I'm looking for a way to stabilize tandem direct repeats in E. coli. In
this case they're on a plasmid. When I prep it and perform restriction
digests I see that I am losing copies of the repeat. The repeats are
>500bp and there are several copies. I'm currently using NovaBlue as the
host strain which is recA1. Novagen also sells another recA- strain,
BLR, but I haven't tried it. Are there other commercial stains available
with additional mutations which might prevent this from happening? I'd
appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks.

-Scott