Stable Tandem Repeats?

Karthik Aghoram kaghoram at unity.ncsu.edu
Mon Aug 20 17:23:32 EST 2001

I am having the very same problem, and had posted this enquiry last week
... in vain.  Later I read Stratagene's (no affiliation whatsoever)
manual, and they suggested the use of their SURE cells.  Also found a
couple of papers that said this.  So I am giving it a shot.  Will keep
you posted.

Good luck.

Scott (scj-13 at home.com) wrote:
: I'm looking for a way to stabilize tandem direct repeats in E. coli. In
: this case they're on a plasmid. When I prep it and perform restriction
: digests I see that I am losing copies of the repeat. The repeats are
: >500bp and there are several copies. I'm currently using NovaBlue as the
: host strain which is recA1. Novagen also sells another recA- strain,
: BLR, but I haven't tried it. Are there other commercial stains available
: with additional mutations which might prevent this from happening? I'd
: appreciate any suggestions you may have. Thanks.
:
: -Scott

Karthik Aghoram				Postdoctoral Associate
					Dept of Crop Science
e-mail: kaghoram at unity.ncsu.edu		North Carolina St University
Phone (W): 919-515-2705			Raleigh, NC 27695-7620