why does maxiprep always fail for this plasmid??

Chris Jones 6kuritaro at earthlink.net
Wed Aug 22 20:35:23 EST 2001

In article <B7A73A9C.1056%mlevin77 at mediaone.net>,
 Mike Levin <mlevin77 at mediaone.net> wrote:

>    What could possibly account the fact that the bacteria grow
> fine, but I can't get the plasmid prep out?? Any ideas would be greatly
> appreciated - please email to mlevin at forsyth.org. Thanks!!

That's happened to me on occasion: once it was clearly a contaminant of
some sort (very un-Coli odor), but other than that I have no reasonable
explanation. (Integration into the chromosomal DNA???)

If you can, just get another sample from your original source.

To reply by email, please remove the initial digit from my address.
Make the world a better place: shoot a spammer today!