BIO-RAD

Richard P. Grant rpg14 at yahoo.co.uk.invalid
Thu Aug 23 03:11:12 EST 2001

In article <3B849FA6.DF9BB6CA at online.no>,
 Trond Erik Vee Aune <teva at online.no> wrote:

> I use BioRad's gel doc on a daily basis. The hardware is fine but the
> software
> is not as good as it should be. Our tests show that it can neither estimate
> DNA-length nor concentrations accurately. We get better results when
> estimating
> these visually together with standards.

Hi Trond

This sort of information is interesting and could be of interest to
other scientists, and medical technicians.  Would you like to review the
equipment in a bit more depth and submit it to the equipment reviews
section at the Science Advisory Board:  http://www.scienceboard.net/  ?

Cheers,

Richard

--
Richard P. Grant  0x5F9559B1                         MRC Lab of Mol Biol
rpg 'at' mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk   http://www2.mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk/personal/rpg/