Protein Subtraction

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Sat Aug 25 11:04:17 EST 2001

Dear Anna,

DNA subtraction is easy since one may utilize the double
stranded nature of DNA which is absent in proteins

The only method I am aware of is comparing 2D gels of protein
fractions obtained under different conditions, if necessary by
utilizing 35S methionine pulse chase labelling for increasing
sensitivity and/or mass spectrometry for identification.

Try to get hold of proteomics literature like the journal of the
same name, some monographs in this field or check Methods
in Enzymology Series in your library.

Wolfgang

> Dear Netters,
>
> I just wonder if there is any method or principles for protein
> level subtraction, similar to that of SSH for cDNA subtraction,
> to dig out differentially expressed proteins from two groups of
> subjects?  thanks in advance!
>
> cheers,
> anna

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---