problems with primer dimer!

Stefi~ xxxgifalone at tin.it
Tue Aug 28 14:15:02 EST 2001

remove the [nospam] (Nicolas von Ahsen) <nvahsen at hot[nospam]mail.com> wrote
in message 3b8be32f.3613620 at news.gwdg.de...
> Why do you think it makes a difference whether the primers are
> denatured separately? They are being denatured in the first cycle of
> the PCR anyway. So at least for hotstart conditions it should not make
> a difference. And some kind of hotstart is what I would always
> recommend if dimers are a problem.
> Well, this doesn't explain why something suddenly turned bad with this
> PCR, but was this really the problem?

in fact we suggest to denaturate for a longer period. It could be something
happened to the PCR buffer, to the tamplate or even to the thermalcycler.
Stefano
xxxgifalone at tin.it
(rimuovere xxx per rispondere privatamente)

http://web.tiscalinet.it/gifalone
ICQ 110419911