DNA from RNA/DNA/protein isolation method not cutting?

Wolfgang Schechinger wolfsc at ibms.sinica.edu.tw
Wed Aug 29 11:23:02 EST 2001

Roland
Roland,

Drawing some conclusions on the recent dicussions in bmmr
on phenol and DNA methylation:
Could it be that the phenol has gone dead (I mean oxidized)?
People say that quinones might react with amino groups from
bases. REs then won't cut (similar to methylation, but
quinones are more bulky).

Just some thoughts,
comments wanted!

Wo

> Hello,
>
>  a friend of mine can PCR and blot DNA extracted with the
>  monophasic
> GITC/phenol isolation reagent of Chomczynski (aka TRI
> solution)... However, he can not get REs to cut it... bad
> neutralization step after solubilization?
>
>  Anybody been there before?
>
>  Roland

[tiss mezzage wahs broduceRd using TYPO GENERATOR zoffwer]
-----
Dr. Wolfgang Schechinger
Lab N233 (c/o Dr. Steve Roffler)
Institute of Biomedical Sciences
Academia Sinica
128 Yen-Chio Yuan Rd. Sec.2
Taipei 115
Taiwan R.O.C.
Tel +886-2-2789-9152
Fax +886-2-2782-9142
Mobile +886-925-136893
e mail wolfsc at ibms dot sinica dot edu dot tw
-----

---