Problems with DNA contamination in RNA samples

Robert Scheubel robert.scheubel at medizin.uni-halle.de
Thu Aug 30 04:58:29 EST 2001

Hello,

I found a pair of primers that are intron-spanning of beta-actin.The
intention was to see any DNA contamination if there is some.The
product-size of the genomic DNA is about 110 bp greater than cDNA.So it
is possible to detect any genomic DNA in the sample,That was the origin
idea,but did not work with this pair of primers.So my question
is,whether anybody tried this way before and has a pair of primers which
do good work and would be so kind to send me a response.

Best wishes

Christian