harebrained His-purification question

Kyle Legate legatek at mcmail.cis.mcmaster.ca
Thu Dec 6 21:40:06 EST 2001

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Michael Witty wrote:

> Dear Kyle,
>          why not dump the French Press?  If you _have_ to use the French
> Press, can you purify under denaturing condition?  Or should you clone in
> some linker codons between your protein and the His tag, to make it "stick
> out" some more?
>               Regards, Mike.

Thanks for your suggestions. I will be returning to the lysozyme method of
lysis to see if that corrects the situation. Unfortunately the denaturing
conditions are no good since I will be carrying out kinetic analysis of
the protein.

legatek at mcmaster.ca		Kyle Legate            legatek at hotmail.com

   Tower of Tongues:Thursday PM:10:30-11:30 EDT:http://cfmu.mcmaster.ca
    moon musick:ritual:IDM:experimental(electronica):minimalism:glitch