growing cells under agarose

bob r.hartley at
Tue Dec 11 04:47:50 EST 2001

""Wolfgang Schechinger"" <wolfsc at> wrote in message
news:3C163481.23664.DF4C2E4 at localhost...
> hi all,

Hi Wolfgang I'm back.
> I'd like to cover fibroblasts with agarose or another protein free jelly.
> Is there anyone aware of how to pour liquid agarose (or equivalent) onto
> the cells without boiling them?

is this what you mean?

Seems the agarose solidifies (guess) about 42-45C so heat the cells upa bit
to prevent heatshock or simply pour on.
> Your input is appreciated!

Douglas A. Lauffenburger hs some papers on agarose you might find some stuff

Bob; Sunny Scotland