Alternatives to EtBr

Bruno Cenni bruno.removethis.cenni at removethis.insel.ch
Tue Dec 11 06:54:05 EST 2001

This aspect of EtBr has been discussed here every now and then. Although I
am one of those believing that since EtBr does not enter living cells (at
mg/ml conc.) it won't harm living people except if they'd eat grams of it, I
still would like to avoid unnecessary biohazards (and disposal thereof) in
the lab. So if there were a simple, not too expensive alternative, why stick
to EtBr?

Cheers

Bruno

news:Pine.SGI.4.33.0112111001060.4035606-100000 at mole.bio.cam.ac.uk...