protein loading control for rat tissues

Nick Theodorakis nicholas_theodorakis at urmc.rochester.edu
Thu Dec 13 17:35:36 EST 2001

In <20011213234722.20737.qmail at ww02.jatek.com>, Wen Zheng wrote:

>Hi, there:
>   Could anybody tell me what loading control I could use for a Western
>Blot showing protein expression in rat tissue. The Beta-tubulin and
>beta-actin as loading control work very well on cells from rat, but not work
>on tissue (rat heart).

Are you trying to compare one heart to another, or comparing heart to
some other tissue? If the latter, I'm not surprised that beta-actin (a
non-muscle actin) wouldn't work as a control. Tubulin also has several
isoforms that vary from tissue to tissue, and some tissues (e.g., brain)
have much more tubulin than others.

Nick

--
Nick Theodorakis