DNA gels-separation of 100 bp between 1000 and 1500 bp

vuvuvu1 at supereva.it vuvuvu1 at supereva.it
Thu Dec 13 18:48:37 EST 2001

Hi
I'd appreciate your help with the following:

I have to separate the range between 1000 and 1500 bases and see small
differences (like evry 50 bases) in between
I tried 0.9 to 2 % agarose over 16 cm  (0.9 letting BB out) but I can't
get the separation I need, Ultimately I'd like to find a condition where
1500 bases stays on top of the gel and 1000 on the bottom
I wonder if  I should  do a denaturing polyacrilamide gel instead but
can't find a table with the appropriate percentage to use

in non denaturing gels migration is also a function of base composition,
is it the same in agarose gels?

thanks
Vuvu

---