protein solubility

Richard Buick Richard.Buick at
Sat Dec 15 16:20:35 EST 2001

To increase solubility we express in E. coli at 16oC.
Have you tried this? There are other methods such as 3% ethanol but all
these are designed to do is arrest growth. You must reduce expression
levels. Can you titrate the induction?

I hope i've given you a few ideas

Richard J. Buick

E-mail: mail at
Tel(GSM): +44 7801 416792

"Light creates the shadows"
"shan" <hshandilya at> wrote in message
news:20011213180044.18521.qmail at
> hi.
> I have a problem regarding the solubility of my protein. This protein has
> cellulose binding domain tag. the size of the proein is almost 35kDa. This
> protein has huge expression but it is going in the inclusion body in
> insoluble form. I tried to solubilize it by 6M urea it became solubalised
> but when I dialysed against decrease urea gradient it again became
> insoluble.  Some one has the idea how to come out of this problem. any
> suggestion will be appericiated
> shan
> <>

Checked by AVG anti-virus system (