protein solubility

Richard Buick Richard.Buick at btinternet.com
Sat Dec 15 16:20:35 EST 2001

To increase solubility we express in E. coli at 16oC.
Have you tried this? There are other methods such as 3% ethanol but all
these are designed to do is arrest growth. You must reduce expression
levels. Can you titrate the induction?

I hope i've given you a few ideas
Rick

Richard J. Buick

E-mail: mail at richardbuick.com
Tel(GSM): +44 7801 416792

"Light creates the shadows"
"shan" <hshandilya at yahoo.co.in> wrote in message
news:20011213180044.18521.qmail at ww02.jatek.com...
> hi.
>
> I have a problem regarding the solubility of my protein. This protein has
> cellulose binding domain tag. the size of the proein is almost 35kDa. This
> protein has huge expression but it is going in the inclusion body in
> insoluble form. I tried to solubilize it by 6M urea it became solubalised
> but when I dialysed against decrease urea gradient it again became
> insoluble.  Some one has the idea how to come out of this problem. any
> suggestion will be appericiated
>
> shan
>

> <http://www.biowww.net/forum/read.php?f=1&i=4883&t=4883>

---