RNase-problems

Sergio sergioal at bbm1.ucm.es
Thu Feb 1 09:44:05 EST 2001

Some time ago we had similar (but not the same) problem with RNase. We get DNA
gel shifting in the RNase treated samples, using the RNase supplied by Roche and
prepared following the Maniatis protocol. The only solution we found was to
dilute the RNase, about 10X less than suggested in the protocol, and the
shifting dissappeared but the RNase still worked. Are you sure you aren't
getting a gel shift?

Sergio

PS: i remember somebody cited a paper about this RNase DNA-binding.