DNA extraction from feces?

ejor evertjor at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 3 08:15:11 EST 2001

Hi.

I have a Hot-Start PCR method for detection of a gram negative intacellular
bacterium in feces.
We have used a simple (lysis-buffer+boiling, spin down and dilution of the
resulting supernatant) method to "extract" the DNA for our PCR reactions.
I am currently looking at the QIAamp DNA Stool Mini Kit in the hope of
avoiding the high dilution factor of my samples to get rid of the inhibitors
(and inhibition controls) and thereby make the test more sensitive.
Does anyone have any experience with this kit? Other comments are also
appreciated.

Sincerely
Evert Jor