Seeking equipment advice::::Fluorimeter

Mark P. user at soton.ac.uk
Mon Feb 5 13:18:46 EST 2001

We bought a BMG (SLT) Fluostar several years ago. We have not had any
mechanical problems with it. However, we are disappointed with the dynamic
range at any particular gain setting (this changes the excitation light
intensity). The dynamic range is about 2 logs, and one is continually having
to change the gain (by trial and error) in the assay parameters and then
rescan the plates - this is a hassle. Perhaps the updated instruments do
this automatically.
We have no experience of the Tecan instrument.
Mark Pickett
University of Southampton
England

""Alan Smith"" <alansmith at students.wisc.edu> wrote in message
news:JIEHICBJDMGFLNGJIBDMGEOICBAA.alansmith at students.wisc.edu...
> Hello,
>
> We are currently in the process of purchasing a microplate fluorimeter.
We