N glycosylation consensus reference

David Micklem dmicklem at cmgm.nospam.invalid
Tue Feb 6 09:03:33 EST 2001

In article <4QRf6.16296$Ee3.427583 at news6-win.server.ntlworld.com>,
Benny <benny at holmes.nott.ac.uk> wrote:

>I have been looking for an original reference for the sequence motif for
>N-glycosylation in proteins, Asn-Xaa-Ser/Thr. However, all the papers that I
>have found simply quote this consensus without referencing. Is this motif so
>commonly known in the field that does not require referencing? Can anyone
>kindly point me to the original reference? Many thanks.

MacVector give the reference as Ann Rev Biochem 54:631 (85). But I
haven't checked if its true!

HTH,

David

--
D.R. Micklem,              Time flies like an arrow...
Dept. of Anatomy,          Fruit flies like a banana.
Cambridge University,      Email:dmicklem at cmgm.stanford.edu
Cambridge, UK              Phone: +44 (1223) 333776
Unsolicited email will incur a US$100 processing charge.