PCR problem

divya venugopal divyavenugopal at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 6 12:08:13 EST 2001

Can anybody help me out with this:

I'm trying to amplify a 1.5kb region from the origin of replication of a
plasmid from Mycobacterium avium-intracellulare.  The primers have been
designed from the published sequence of the origin of replication.  The
calculated annealing temperature of the primers is 67 degree C.  However i
did not get any results at that temperature.  I got an amplicon at 55 degree
C.  The size works out to be 0.5kb.  What could this be as i should be
getting a 1.5 kb band. How is it possible to get the expected band.

thank you,

divya