contig assembly

David L Haviland David.L.Haviland at
Wed Feb 7 14:51:26 EST 2001

Claudia Sutton wrote:

> Greetings all... What assembly program are you using? What programs would
> you avoid, and why?  thanks for any replies.   claudia

Hi... I had a very good experiences with Lasergene's contig assembly program
for two sequencing projects.  To complement the Lasergene I also acquired
Vector NTI and although it has  a contig assembly program I haven't "done" a
sequencing project since its purchase.

Hope that helps,
David L. Haviland, Ph.D., Asst. Prof. Immunology
University of Texas - Houston, H.S.C.
Institute of Molecular Medicine, R907
2121 W. Holcombe Blvd.,  Houston, TX  77030
Thot for the Day:
Things could be worse...  Martha Stewart could be your mother-in-law.