cohesive ends cloning question

Wed Feb 14 15:55:54 EST 2001

nvahsen at hot[nospam]mail.com    (remove the [nospam]) (Nicolas von Ahsen)
wrote:
:I'm just wondering if the single-stranded overhangs which remain after
:RE digest and which is used for cohesive end cloning are stable.
:Say I have already digested my vector, will it still be fine for
:re-ligation after storage for days/weeks/months at 4°C or -20°C? Or do
:the sticky ends shorten? Recommended storage?

Several days at 4C is fine, for longer storage it is better to freeze
and then they are stable (practically speaking) for years.

         - Dima