ethanol vs isopropanol

Thu Feb 15 09:03:03 EST 2001

Scott Coutts <scott.coutts at med.monash.edu.au> wrote:
:Is this a guess, or does it actually absorb less? Any reasons for this?
:

I don't remember reading about water absorbtion properties of
isopropanol but I am pretty sure that less polar substance
of similar chemical structure will absorb less water.

        - Dima

:
:Dima Klenchin wrote:
:>
:> melias at yoyo.cc.monash.edu.au wrote:
:> :
:> :Hi everyone,
:> :
:> :Does '100%' isopropanol absorb as much water from the air as ethanol
:> :does? (Stored without molecular sieve etc.) Anybody know what kind of
:> :concentration changes occur (roughly) over a given period of time?
:>
:> I bet it absorbs less water.
:>
:>         - Dima