Any experience with GeneMorph from Stratagene?

Dr. Duncan Clark Duncan at nospam.demon.co.uk
Fri Feb 16 04:06:50 EST 2001

In article <200102160201.f1G21k802110 at ibms.sinica.edu.tw>, the eminent
Wolfgang Schechinger at Academia Sinica wrote
>Is there any advantage  (price/performance/quality) of using
>this kit instead of mixing up the stuff by oneself? (Should be
>mainly adding some manganese to Taq PCR...)

Don't know about price but doesn't the enzyme in their kit have a less
discriminatory bias to the mutations introduced. I did read the blurb
some weeks ago and it looked interesting. We thought of doing something
similar a couple of years ago but it kind of got put on the back burner.
We normally look for enzymes/mixes with better fidelity!

Duncan
sliced from time to time....

Duncan Clark
GeneSys Ltd.