Protocol to create antibiotic resistance using UV

Santi Garcia-Vallve vallve at quimica.urv.es
Fri Feb 16 11:21:51 EST 2001

Hello,
I hope somebody can help me. I´m looking for a method /protocol to create
antibiotic resistance in E. coli cells using UV radiation. Is it possible
or is it too improbable? Do you known any other experiment using E. coli
and UV radiation to show the mutagenic effects of the UV radiation?
Please reply to vallve at quimica.urv.es

Thank you

* Dr Santi Garcia-Vallve                 *
* Bioinformatics Group                   *
* Biochemistry and Biotechnology Dept.   *
* Rovira i Virgili University            *
* Pl. Imperial Tarraco, 1                *
* 43005  Tarragona                       *
* Spain                                  *
* telef: 34 977 559565                   *
* fax: 34 977 558232                     *
* email: vallve at quimica.urv.es           *
*  In the end                            *
*   We will conserve only what we love,  *
*   We will love only what we know,      *
*   We will know only what we are taught *
*    -Baba Dioum, Senegalese Biologist   *

---