Total RNA from bacteria : best methd?

Sergio sergioal at bbm1.ucm.es
Fri Feb 16 05:39:45 EST 2001

In our lab we use Tri-Reagent from Sigma (no aff.) on E.coli, Enterobacter,
Salmonella and different Pseudomonas, with very good yield. Yust a little
modification (actually i don't know whether the protocol from Sigma suggests it
or not), to lysis the cells we perform three cycles of freezing-thawing (using
liquid air), once the reagent is added. This improves the final result a lot. A
friend of mine uses a similar product from Roche with good results as well. I
guess both of them are very similar.

Sergio