ELISA crossreaction between antigene and secondary

kerstin tabatt tabatt at web.de
Mon Feb 19 16:26:01 EST 2001

I try to develop an indirect elisa.
my antigene is mouse IgG, my primary antibody is a probe with
chickenimmunglobuline and my secondary antibody is a peroxidase conjugated
rabbit anit chicken IgG.
first I used a secondary antibody from sigma which gave a signal whith the
antigene and with the primary antibody.
so I bought a new from dianova but there is also a signal with the mouse IgG
(around 10-20% of the whole signal)
could i do anything to avoid this (because bying a third antibody is quite
expensive), or could I ignore it , or should I subtract it?

http://www.biowww.net/forum/read.php?f=3&i=175&t=175

Phorum 3.1.2