Best way of purifying PCR products for sequencing

Y.F.LEUNG yfleung at
Tue Feb 20 22:53:18 EST 2001

We use Shrimp Alkaline Phosphatase and Exonuclease I to remove the extra
nucleotides and primers, then heat inactivate these enzymes and add the
sequencing primer back. In general we can get very good result by this simple

Patrick Lynch wrote:

> I haven't sequenced PCR products for a while - using an ABI-377.  What's the
> best way of purifying the PCR products before the sequencing reaction? DNA
> binding resins or gel filtration?
> Thanks
> Patrick
> ---

Department of Ophthalmology and Visual Sciences
Chinese University of Hong Kong
3/F Hong Kong Eye Hospital
147K Argyle Street, Hong Kong
Tel: (852) 27623152 Fax: (852) 27159490