sequencing problem

R. Jayakumar jakku at mrna.tn.nic.in
Mon Feb 26 13:21:30 EST 2001

HI
   I am having a problem with sequencing a part of my construct which is
build on a pBluescript backbone.    I have sequenced most parts of this
construct, but the region around the terminator after aadA gene just refuses
to get sequenced.  The sequencing company has tried sequencing this area in
both the forward and reverse directions to get around the problem, but with
no luck.  We keep on getting highly ambiguous sequences mixed with NNNN.
Did anyone else face any such problem while sequencing terminator regions?
And if so, how did you get around it?
 thanking everyone in advance
sincerely
jayakumar

R. JAYAKUMAR
CSIR- Senior Research Fellow
Dept. of Molecular Microbiology,
School of Biotechnology,
Madurai Kamaraj University,
Madurai - 625 021.
India
email: jakku at linuxfan.com
tel: +91-452-858471-374
efax: (603)-688-4665
"Life is a comedy for those who think and a tragedy for those who
feel" --Emerson

---