rapid ligation buffer

Michael L. Sullivan mlsulliv at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Feb 27 10:55:27 EST 2001

I personally like the PEG-containing buffer formulation that Gibco
suggests.  The formulation is in their catalog.  I find that for routine
(sticky ends with normal sized vectors and inserts), 15-30 min incubation
is often sufficient.  In my opinion, usually ligation times are not the
limiting factor in a cloning experiment, growing up the transformants is!

Mike

>Does anybody know how to prepare this rapid ligation buffer which is
>sold quite expensive in rapid ligation kits, but in fact works with any
>T4 DNA ligase?
>
>Stéphane GRAZIANI

---