DNA concentration

Patrick Lynch
Tue Feb 27 13:44:47 EST 2001

I would dry-vacuum. Some devices have heating so evaporation is even faster
(100 ul to 20 ul in 30 min at the medium heat setting in a Savant
Speed-Vac).  I have seen dried-down DNA pellets sequenced so it is still
intact.  My only worry is about drying to completion as it has been
suggested in the past that these DNA pellets can be difficult to resuspend.
Ethanol/salt precipitation of DNA solutions, especially dilute ones, can
often result in the loss of the entire sample.

Patrick